Little to say, much to read. Been putting off reading Michael Hudson’s Book:
Killing the Host: How Financial Parasites and Debt Bondage Destroy the Global Economy.
But I’ll get to it soon enough. Till then here’s a link to a great article written by another of my fav world-ending writers, Chris Hedges, who quotes a lot from Hudson. Here a few bullet points worth remembering (along with my weak-minded snide, ranting sarcasm).
- In just a few short words Hedges manages to summarize presidents since Reagan and what they all are about–and it ain’t pretty. (What a surprise, eh.)
- “The rich never have enough.” (No shit Sherlock.)
- Neo-liberalism = state sponsored extortion. (But how should the dumb-downed, i.e. #Americants, know what neo-liberalism is?)
- Rentier class, economic rent, interest rates, monopolies… (buy some starbucks on a credit card you can’t pay off?)
- Traditional economics is being turned up-side-down. The confusion of this transition has put #Americants in a state of shock. It has literally disabled the entire country from being able to make rational decisions, especially when it comes to politcs. Even though The Donald deserves praise for what he has done to the sh*tbag republican party, what he and his ilk will do to the country now that he has been elected president, especially based on what those who have paved his way have done, is pretty scary. But hey, at least Ivanka looks good. (This last bullet is mostly from moi, aka worst-writer.)
Rant on, baby.
Link that motivated this post.