What is it that makes #Americant? I mean, what is the thing or things that enable and facilitate the race to the bottom empire that is my beloved and missed United Mistakes? Probably at the top of the list is war mongering. And not just any war mongering. The fact that perpetual war is being waged and not paid for should say everything about the dysfunction-junction that history’s greatest consume-to-survivors live (with)in. But that ain’t all.
The next thing that makes #Americant has to be the banking system. More importantly, it is a banking system that in its essence has become feudal. You know, as in neo-feudal. Or is it neo-liberal? Difference? Nomatter. Since the 1970s the reliance on credit as enabler of consumption is über-obvious. To hide this reality, though, at least two generations of #Americants have absolved themselves from resisting the grand delusion-illusion that is debt. Hence, it’s really not difficult understanding why/how words/concepts like fake-news, deep-state and Trump is President get their meaning via the mindset that says/believes them (has fallen for them).
Of course, this level of delusion-illusion has been faced before. You know, there was a time when spending candy-money had a payday. It is called The Great Depression. Obviously, worst-writer is no economist so there’s not much I can say about those times. But something has disturbed me over the past 30 or so years as I too consume-to-survive and superficially read about things that have already happened and are obviously destined to happen again, albeit with a different ugly wig atop its orange, disfigured mullet.
For example. The way money flows these days is fcuking scary. You would think, in a so-called free-market, something would be able to counter the blatant display of greed and hoarding that is taking place before (y)our very eyes. Yet there is nothing to counter what is going on. Or is there?
From a Wiki page here is a list of the causes of the The Great Depression.
- Debt liquidation and distress selling
- Contraction of the money supply as bank loans are paid off
- A fall in the level of asset prices
- A still greater fall in the net worths of business, precipitating bankruptcies
- A fall in profits
- A reduction in output, in trade and in employment
- Pessimism and loss of confidence
- Hoarding of money
- A fall in nominal interest rates and a rise in deflation adjusted interest rates
Now. Most of the list above says very little to me. With that in mind, it does say this: If the list is true and in anyway applicable to today, then there is one thing that connects the past to what is about to happen in the now. And so. Allow me to redo the list as only worst-writer (the über non-economist) can.
- Debt liquidation and distress selling – who owns all the debt and how does owner and seller of that debt mesh? (China v. #Americant; Petro-Dollar v. world, etc.)
- Contraction of the money supply as bank loans are paid off – consider current repeal of Dodd-Frank (see links below) and then ask: why would any valid economy need subprime mortgages in the first place? And if that is totally besides the point, why the hell, for the past few years, can I only withdraw 200,-€ in cash from an ATM?
- A fall in the level of asset prices – since the US economy is dependent on war-mongering and a rentier (feudal) system (based mostly real-estate manipulation), i.e. it’s manufacturing base has been decimated since the 1980s which means there’s nothing else to make money with/on, which of the two will fail first and where can the money come from to pay for the aftermath? Answer: the only people with money are the same people that caused all these economic problems in the first place!
- A still greater fall in the net worths of business, precipitating bankruptcies – considering how companies are valued these days, especially via a delusional if not artificially maintained stock market, this confuses the hell out of me; can you say stock-buy-back?
- A fall in profits – how many huuuuuge corporations in #Americant are in a perpetual state of bankruptcy in order to stay in business? Think: airlines, automobile maker bailouts, etc.
- A reduction in output, in trade and in employment – manufacturing base decimation, gig-economy, un and under-employment, nuff said.
- Pessimism and loss of confidence – #MAGA again again; election of President Stupid by an even stupider voting constituency.
- Hoarding of money – yeah, just try to get some cash (see #2 above); who and how is money supply manipulated?
- A fall in nominal interest rates and a rise in deflation adjusted interest rates – I have no idear what the fcuk this means but $hit is fcuking expensive.
As someone who may (or may not) inherit something someday, I’m often wondering about how the idear of value and how it has been slowly but surely manipulated–like everything else in our greed $hit show. I mean. Come on. Considering how this world turns, any rational person can tell you that there is basically no intrinsic value left in the system–unless you’re already rich. Reason? Everything is either outright owned, financed/indebted to the hilt, or in some kind of moneyed limbo that can only reflect a purgatory run by a Greed God–or two generations of greed-mongering middle-class morons. Or is it God of Greed? Nomatter.
With all that in mind, here’s the thing I’m really worried about and probably should be added to the/my (2nd) list above. I believe that President Stupid was elected for a reason. That reason is simple. The conservative wing of my beloved #Americant has seen the light regarding what they’ve done for the past (insert number post WW2 here) years. In fact, #Americant is so invested in the irrationality of what conservatives have done, that there literally is no turning back. That also means it’s full speed ahead in the realm of President Stupid.
What better shill could there be to cover up for what Conservatives have done than to elect the perfect numb-nut to head the $hit show as they let what they’ve done (naturally) burn down? And that’s the ticket, dear worst-reader. That’s what’s ahead right now as history repeats itself. Republicans, the arm of the old, greed-mongering white men that is #Americant, will burn the fcuking house down before they come clean regarding what they’ve done. Trump and those who voted for him are the trump-card to pull off the great burn down–i.e. The Great Depression v2.0.
Good luck suckers.
Link that motivated this post:
- Finance regulators roll back rules protecting depositors? | Democracy Now
- Congress passing sweeping roll-back of Dodd-Frank | Democracy Now
- Causes of the great depression | Wiki